Ubuntu is a open source Operating system. Like as windows, Ubuntu don't have skipping tools. But Ubuntu have a great tools name as “shutter” . You can make screen shot in Ubuntu 14.04 using it. You can make a screen shot of separated area or make a screen shot of your web page. You can edit it and customize it.
How to Instilling “Shutter” in Ubuntu 14.04
It is a open source software which is available in Ubuntu software center . But you can not get updated software from there. Now I show you how to install it in latest version.
- Step 1: At first you need to add “official PPA repository” into your system. To add it you need to run
below code in your terminal.
Code: sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:shutter/ppa
- Step 2: After adding “official PPA repository” into your system. You need to run those code in your Terminal.
Code 1: sudo apt-get update
Code 2: sudo apt-get install shutter
Taking screen shot using “Shutter”
- Step 1: Go to “search your computer and on-line source” and typing “Shutter” in search Box.
- Step 2: Click on shutter logo. (pic). You get a new window name “session-shutter”
- Step 3: Press “selection” in the top of “session-shutter” window.
- Step 4: Draw a rectangular box using mouse in that part you want to take screen shot.
You done it! Now you can add it, resize it and many more.